Over the years, the Record Office has been involved in many community projects and the Friends have often supported us in this work. Such projects have included :
- Twixt Thistle and Rose – a project to re-catalogue the Berwick Borough Archives. A project blog reports on progress and discoveries.
Crime and punishment stories – inspired by documents catalogued in the project.
- Peregrini Lindisfarne – a wide-ranging project on Holy Island and adjacent areas of the mainland. The Islandshire Archives website contains the Community Archive Project catalogue and historical material produced by the project
- Our Families – research into local families and properties, as part of Berwick 900
Our Families’ Stories – inspired by documents discovered in the project
- Photo Centre Collection – the purchase of this collection in 2012 has enabled exhibitions and book publications which record the post-1950 history of Berwick
- Northumberland at War – commemorating the centenary of the First World War
- Waite and Sea – exploring the musical heritage of the area and the role of the town waits in Berwick
- Flodden 1513 – various events and projects to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Battle of Flodden
- BRO 30 – in 2010, Berwick Record Office celebrated its 30th birthday with a number of events organised by both the Friends and the Record Office
- Sheep Tales – looking at all aspects of shepherding in the North Northumberland area both past and present
- Stephenson 150 – celebrating this area’s link with Robert Stephenson through the railways and the Royal Border Bridge